Friday, January 12, 2018

Weekend Roundup

Welcome to The Weekend Roundup...hosted by Tom The Back Roads Traveler
1. Starts with "B."
2. Week's Favorite.
3. New Beginning


Letter B

I've got a double B here!

December 2014 - Texas

The President George Bush Turnpike (PGBT) is a 52-mile (84 km) toll road running through the northern, northeastern and western suburbs, forming a partial loop around Dallas, Texas. It is named for George H. W. Bush, the 41st President of the United States. At its west end near Belt Line Road in Irving, State Highway 161(SH 161) continues southwest to Interstate 20 (I-20) in Grand Prairie.

Week's Favourite

I've shown you this red canoe in the summer.



New Beginning

My first photo of 2018.




6 comments:

  1. I only connect with your last photo, Gardiner Expressway is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red canoe stands out well in winter conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful view you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...what a beginning, a great way to start the new year! The red canoe looks a bit lonely today in the snow. Thanks Jackie for stopping by, I hope to 'C' you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your first 2018 photo. My guess is still Dallas. Did you come down to Galveston? We live at Katy, just west of Houston and were home then if you did. My first picture would have made the "B's" for our New Year's lunch, "B"lack eyed peas, cabbage, sweet potato, and ham. The first two were for good luck. January 1st is also Mrs. Jim's "B"irthday.
    Thanks for peeking in on me. Some day our travels might meet up, in October we were in Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John, N.B. Then we came back and cruised around the Caribbean for a while.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red canoe looks rather festive in the winter, although I am sure that it prefers the summer weather. Your first shot of 2018 is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.